Thursday, November 8, 2012

Very Pinteresting!

I've been off my feet for the last little bit, recovering from a surgery that was supposed to make my life better.  So far, the post-op benefits have included pain and infection. 

Still, if you know me at all, you know I try to be a "silver-lining" kinda girl.  While, I have hated spending three helpless, useless, completely unproductive weeks on the couch, I have enjoyed catching up on some reading, chatting with friends, watching Y&R, and browsing Pinterest. 

In fact, Pinterest kept me sane.  And just when I'd pinned all I cared to pin, I found more things to pin.

Then I organized all my Pinterest boards.  I sorted all my recipes into categories.  I alphabetized all my Stampin' Up! boards.  I put my homeschool boards at the top of my Pinterest page. 

I've come to realize that Pinterest is like a wish list of things we would do if only we had more time, or more space, or more money, or even more self-discipline.

I currently have 67 boards.  1,513 pins.  31 likes.  282 followers.

What if I actually did every thing I have pinned on my Pinterest boards? 

I have done some of the things I've pinned.  I've tried some new recipes, most of which we have thoroughly enjoyed.  I've created a few crafts.  I've recreated many Stampin' Up! cards.  I even made my closet into an office space.

But the ratio of things I've done to things I've pinned is still probably 1 to 100.  I'd like to do more. 

I'd like to actually put into practice many of the items on my "Good to Know" board.  I'd like to actually do the games and activities on my "For the Kids" board.  I'd really like to try more recipes, especially more of the "Sweet Treats" board.  And I'm certain my husband would be happy to taste-test more items from my "Mmmm... Mexican" board.

I recently watched the movie Julie & Julia, a dramatization based on the real life idea of a girl who decided to spend a year making recipes from Julia Childs' cookbook.  She cooked one recipe a day, every day, for a year.  It was a great adventure for her, and she learned so many things about food, but also about herself in the process.  And they made a major motion picture out of it.

Sooooo...  I thought it might be fun to apply this same idea to my current Pinterest infatuation. 

How about I spend a year doing Pinterest stuff?  One pin a day, every day, for a year.

I know what you're thinking...  Marci's a genius!  I know, right?!

However, I was disappointed to learn I am not the first person to embark on a Pinterest journey.  I googled "pin a day", and it turns out a lot of people have already done this.

So I guess there are other geniuses out there too.  :)

Still, I think it could be fun.  So I'm planning to start on January 1st.  I don't want to commit to completing a pin EVERY day.  I know me.  That's too much pressure. 

I'm thinking I'll plan to do maybe three a week.  I'll complete the pin.  I'll take pictures, so you can see what I've done.  I'll write about it.  I'll share whatever links are necessary. 

Right now, I'm really excited about the idea.  I'd start tomorrow, but with my recent illness, we've fallen way behind in our homeschooling, and the holidays are right around the corner.  I don't want to overdo it.

So let's wait til January 1st. 

In the meantime, I'll try to post some of the ideas I've already used from Pinterest.

Also in the meantime, I hope you'll share with me any particular pins you think I might find "very pinteresting". 


Have a Pinteresting Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment